Critical Thinking for Achievement Programme
The Critical Thinking for Achievement Programme is a DfE approved CPD programme for Secondary teachers of Science and Geography. Eligible schools are entitled to funded places on the Programme.
Your school is eligible if it is in the OFSTED RI category or in a TLIF 5 or 6 area.
The programme is supported by the GA (Geographical Association) and the ASE (Association for Science Education).
What are the aims of the programme?
- To improve teacher capability by:
- building confidence in curriculum planning and critical approaches
- increasing subject knowledge around data, scientific and geographical concepts and language
- supporting effective teaching of reformed geography and science qualifications and curricula
- assisting efficient planning through the use of practical tools and quality-assured curriculum plans and resources.
- To raise attainment so that pupils:
- gain the geographical and scientific knowledge and skills needed for success in exams and further study • tackle complex issues more independently and construct evidenced arguments through social and natural scientific investigation
- make adept use of data, use evidence critically
- have appropriate challenge to increase engagement and generate interest in further study.
Session 1(full day): Tues 26th November 2019 08:30-16:30
Session 2 (half-day follow up): Wed 26th February 2020 14:00-16:30
Where? The Leaf, St Katherine's School, Pill Rd, Bristol BS20 0HU
- A focus on effective teaching of knowledge application, use of data and construction of evidenced arguments to raise attainment in Secondary Geography and Science
- ‘Plan-do-review’ CPD cycle over three months, worth £360 per teacher (but funded for eligible schools), with specialist support for teachers to apply techniques in their classroom
- You can find out more about the Programme here
- The sessions are led by experienced SLEs who have been trained specifically by the Geographical Association to deliver this programme regionally in southwest England.
What do I need to do now?
Places are limited so prompt booking is advisable.
The deadline for booking is 4pm on Monday 18th November 2019.
|Event Date||26-11-2019 8:30 am|
|Event End Date||26-11-2019 4:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||01-11-2019|
|Cut off date||18-11-2019 4:00 pm|
|Location||The Leaf, St Katherine's School|