Music in the classroom 05.06.20
The session is aimed at: everyone who works in theprimary classroom, regardless of prior levels of musical knowledge and experience from Early Years to Year 6.
Activities will include: singing, playing, composing, listening & appraising and discussing & evaluating.
The session intends to:
· Extend attendees' musical skills through group participation in a variety of practical activities;
· Explore how to successfully plan a music curriculum, develop progression routes and assess students;
· Give advice regarding how to set up the music classroom and resources for
· Demonstrate how to effectively construct, develop and deliver a musical project in accordance with the National Curriculum for Music;
· Provide attendees with a range of classroom resources relating to the session;
· Give advice about researching suitable and stimulating materials for future use;
· Promote improved levels of confidence amongst attendees in terms of music-making.
Course leader Anna Green is a music teacher with many years of classroom experience across all Key Stages. She began her career in a secondary setting before becoming Head of Music at three London schools in succession. In the last 10 years the focus of her attention has been redirected towards working with younger children while she has also completed a doctorate at the Institute of Education (UCL, London).
Anna currently works with Swindon Music Services, having responsibilities for research projects whilst also delivering the music curriculum to children of primary age via singing and whole class instrumental methods.
|Event Date||05-06-2020 9:30 am|
|Event End Date||05-06-2020 12:30 pm|
|Registration Start Date||10-02-2020|
|Cut off date||05-06-2020|
|Location||Fosse Way School, Radstock|